Friday, August 20, 2010

Denied!

I was on Absolute Write the forum yesterday and noticed that one of my comments in a thread had been deleted. The reason for deletion was not given although I have come up with two possibilities. 1- I dared mention a middle grade book in the novel section, or 2- I talk about my damn WIP too much and it's tarting to look like blatant self promotion.

Thing is, it's not. More like I'm so happy to have found a community of author and writer that I'm dying for some kind of acceptance of me and my work. Like the new kid bragging about all the cool stuff they have at home in the hopes that someone will take an interest and be their friend.

But I've never been good at making friends so history is just repeating. Let me wallow for a moment. I'm sure I'll piss of everyone on the board and they will all hate me and then I'll never get published because everyone thinks I'm stoopid. People can probably smell the desperate for friends odor coming off me even through their modems and are going to steer well clear. I think I have 'trying to hard' stamped on my forehead.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it--Absolute Write is a forgiving place (I haven't seen your comments, but I doubt you offended anyone)

    ReplyDelete