Saturday, September 25, 2010

Anti NaNoWrimo

For the month of November I am joining an anti-NaNo group. Why? Well, for starters, while I do think NaNoWrimo is a fun and good idea I hand write my manuscript. Now, I suppose it is conceivable to write 50k long hand in 30 days or so but my arm would fall off and I'm not going to try. Secondly I want to finish T3 and the point of NaNo is to complete something in a month. Anti-NaNo is fine with coming to the table with a WIP. Thirdly I actually hope to finish T3 within the next two months! The end is in sight folks! And hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train.

Some people lament the end of a novel but I'm looking forward to it because it means I CAN write a novel. I can also make it better through editing. And then the fun starts! Finishing a novel is only the beginning and that's exciting!

I think I found the agent I want and they are the first one I want to try. I have heard people talk about 'dream agents' before but honestly my dream agent was one that would have me as a client! But I did find a dream agent- and not through Internet research. Through reading the dedications in an ARC which I picked up a couple years ago at ComiCon. The dedication to the agent stuck in my head for all these years but I never dreamed of ever trying to send the agent anything and back then of course I had nothing to send. I thought I would be working in comics happily scripting Dark Moon Diary for Tokyopop.

Well, this was a rambling post!

No comments:

Post a Comment