Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Neglected books

The path to a novel is littered with abandoned short stories and the decaying carcasses of other novels.

I started on Tea Times Three April 17, 2010, I'm not kidding. I wrote it on the first page. For awhile I was going to try and get it done in a sort of personal Nanowrimo of three month at a rate of 5 pages a day. BUT that hasn't happened.

In the interim I have abandoned:

R.F.N. which I haven't touched in months. My only hope is that I seem to be able to slip back into Ambriel's voice effortlessly and can pick it up again without trouble.

Circumpolar- ubercool short story suffering from a alack of plot. I am going to try and finish it this year a I have an idea for it even if it isn't good.

Just yesterday I began work on a short story for a werewolf anthology which I had no intention of writing but an idea came to me.

Suffering from mild neglect: Calvin my MG horror which people tell me is too much for MG. Although I'm tarting to wonder about that... I mean it could go to an adult publisher as a horror novel with a 12 yr old protag... MAYBE. I mean nothing too terrible happens to Calvin, I wouldn't do that!

But I'm not good at working on too many things at one time. I can do it but it require a lot of me.

I have been making much more of an effort to put butt in chair lately though and slog onward whether the writing is working or not. Progress is the only thing that matters.

1 comment: